Man shot on porch of Hunting Park home, later dies
PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 39-year-old man was shot on the front porch of a home in the city's Hunting Park section early Saturday morning.
The incident happened just before 2:00 a.m. on the 1300 block of Lippincott Street.
According to police, the victim had just returned from a nearby gas station where he went to get his grandmother a candy bar.
He came out of the house to sit on the porch and that's when someone opened fire, shooting him in the head and stomach.
His grandmother said, she heard shots and her grandson stumbled into the house and sat on the couch next to her and collapsed.
She called the police and they rushed the victim to Temple Hospital where he died a short time after arrival.
So far, there have been no arrests made.
Police will check surveillance cameras from the gas station to capture clues.
shooting, homicide, murder, hunting park news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 1 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.