Man drives to hospital while shot, wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man drove himself to the hospital after being shot and wounded in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. while the victim was sitting in his car near the intersection of 62nd and Locust Street.
Police say the unidentified man was struck several times and then he drove himself to Misericordia Hospital while bleeding to get help.
He was later transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
So far, there have been no arrests and no word on what sparked the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos