Man drives to hospital while shot, wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man drove himself to the hospital after being shot and wounded in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. while the victim was sitting in his car near the intersection of 62nd and Locust Street.
Police say the unidentified man was struck several times and then he drove himself to Misericordia Hospital while bleeding to get help.
He was later transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
So far, there have been no arrests and no word on what sparked the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 13 min ago
- Temps Soar 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 9 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 11 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 1 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
7 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
1 min ago