Worker rescued from Delaware Memorial Bridge
NEW CASTLE, Del. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker had to be rescued after falling off part of the Delaware Memorial Bridge in New Castle County.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday morning on the westbound side.
Authorities say the man fell of scaffolding and landed on the catwalk below the bridge.
He was taken to an area hospital. No word on his condition.
delaware news, new castle county news, rescue, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 59 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington 18 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 6 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition