Worker rescued from Delaware Memorial Bridge
NEW CASTLE, Del. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker had to be rescued after falling off part of the Delaware Memorial Bridge in New Castle County.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday morning on the westbound side.
Authorities say the man fell of scaffolding and landed on the catwalk below the bridge.
He was taken to an area hospital. No word on his condition.
delaware news, new castle county news, rescue, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies