$20,000 reward in South Jersey woman's mysterious death
September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A grieving daughter from South Jersey is hoping a $20,000 reward will help provide answers in her mother's mysterious death.
Dawn Centanni misses her mother every day.
"I was so lucky to have her as my mom," said Centanni.
On Friday June 21, Carol Reiff was planning on visiting her daughter in Manahawkin, Ocean County.
"She always called me when she was on her way," said Centanni.
But that call never came.
"I was concerned. She would have been at arriving at my house around 10:30 and by 11 I was concerned because my mom is a creature of habit," said Centanni.
Reiff was missing for three days, before a passerby found the 59-year-old's body in a wooded area near her Lakeview Apartment in Gloucester Township.
Exposure to the elements has made the investigation difficult.
"Extremely frustrating, extremely frustrating when you've got such a wide open mystery where you can't even determine a cause of death," said Jason Laughlin, Camden County Prosecutor's Office.
Although Reiff's death has not officially been ruled a homicide, authorities are handling it as a crime.
For Centanni, she says she's not angry at the person responsible, because her mother's generous spirit wouldn't allow it.
"She wouldn't want me to sit here feeling angry or hopeless and instead I'm sitting here going I feel bad for that person," said Centanni.
Investigators and family members are hoping a hefty reward will bring someone forward with information.
"We have $20,000 total that's available, if an arrest is made we're willing to pay out $10,000 of that immediately," said Laughlin.
The other $10,000 will be released following a conviction.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477). All calls will remain anonymous.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ