Miss America contestants dazzle in "Show Us Your Shoes" parade
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Before the Miss America contestants hit the stage, the showed off their shoes in special parade on Saturday.
Miss America's iconic "Show Us Your Shoes" parade didn't disappoint.
"I love them, so many different ideas and designs," said Sherry Hall.
"I think there's a lot of enthusiasm because they brought it back," said Barbara Greenberg.
Our local ladies showed off their fantastic footwear - a patriotic Miss Pennsylvania, Miss New Jersey embraced the shore and Miss Delaware dazzled in diamonds.
Some contestants chose to kick up Louboutins and ride in a Maserati while others picked a more down home idea with cowboy boots and an old convertible.
On one side of the boardwalk friends and family had dueling cheering sections.
On the other side locals embraced the return.
"I've been coming here since I was about two. I remember my grandmother used to bring me up here," said Donna Spinola.
"I think it's great that it's back here. It's wonderful, it's where it should be," said Robin Boucher.
The parade was a big climax of the nearly two weeks of pageant and media interviews, rehearsals, parties and autograph sessions.
The comeback has given Atlantic City a much needed boost.
"It's amazing everyone here so amazing were having so much fun," said Wendy Steidle.
A first time tourist, Steidle says she came here for Oregon but she will come back next time to see Jersey.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, miss america, local/state, annie mccormick
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station