Miss America contestants dazzle in "Show Us Your Shoes" parade
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Before the Miss America contestants hit the stage, the showed off their shoes in special parade on Saturday.
Miss America's iconic "Show Us Your Shoes" parade didn't disappoint.
"I love them, so many different ideas and designs," said Sherry Hall.
"I think there's a lot of enthusiasm because they brought it back," said Barbara Greenberg.
Our local ladies showed off their fantastic footwear - a patriotic Miss Pennsylvania, Miss New Jersey embraced the shore and Miss Delaware dazzled in diamonds.
Some contestants chose to kick up Louboutins and ride in a Maserati while others picked a more down home idea with cowboy boots and an old convertible.
On one side of the boardwalk friends and family had dueling cheering sections.
On the other side locals embraced the return.
"I've been coming here since I was about two. I remember my grandmother used to bring me up here," said Donna Spinola.
"I think it's great that it's back here. It's wonderful, it's where it should be," said Robin Boucher.
The parade was a big climax of the nearly two weeks of pageant and media interviews, rehearsals, parties and autograph sessions.
The comeback has given Atlantic City a much needed boost.
"It's amazing everyone here so amazing were having so much fun," said Wendy Steidle.
A first time tourist, Steidle says she came here for Oregon but she will come back next time to see Jersey.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, miss america, local/state, annie mccormick
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 46 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ