Teen shot during broad daylight in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire erupted during broad daylight and a 16-year-old boy was shot and wounded In Wilmington, Delaware.
It happened around 3:50 Sunday afternoon on the 400 block of N. Madison Street.
Arriving officers found the victim in a parking lot suffering from a gunshot wound.
Authorities say that a preliminary investigation has revealed that the teenager was leaving a corner store when he heard gunfire and realized he was shot.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
Anyone with information is asked to call Wilmington Police at 302-576-3990. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333 or on line at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos