Teen shot during broad daylight in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire erupted during broad daylight and a 16-year-old boy was shot and wounded In Wilmington, Delaware.
It happened around 3:50 Sunday afternoon on the 400 block of N. Madison Street.
Arriving officers found the victim in a parking lot suffering from a gunshot wound.
Authorities say that a preliminary investigation has revealed that the teenager was leaving a corner store when he heard gunfire and realized he was shot.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
Anyone with information is asked to call Wilmington Police at 302-576-3990. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333 or on line at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 38 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 4 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
4 min ago