Sarah Murnaghan doing well while recovering at home
NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. - September 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- It has been three months since Delaware County native Sarah Murnaghan underwent a successful double lung transplant at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Her mother said she is doing 'fantastic' but is struggling with compression fractures up and down her spine.
The fractures are a side effect of the drugs Sarah is taking to stop her body from rejecting her new set of lungs.
The 11-year-old Newtown Square girl received two transplants while fighting end-stage cystic fibrosis.
She is undergoing physical therapy as she continues her recovery at home.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 52 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 59 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 10 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
52 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
59 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
10 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
43 min ago