4 recovering from shootings in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people are recovering from gunshot wounds after a violent Sunday in Wilmington, Delaware.
The latest happened Sunday night. Officers arrived to find a shooting victim who had collapsed in front of the McDonald's restaurant in the 300 block of North Monroe Street.
Police believe the victim was shot in another location and fled the scene.
Medics took him to the hospital in critical condition.
While police were helping that victim, they were notified that Wilmington Hospital was treating another victim from the same shooting incident.
It was not immediately clear where the shootings took place or what led the gunfire.
The incident followed two earlier shootings that happened within an hour of each other Sunday afternoon.
An 18-year-old man was shot in both legs around 2:40 p.m. in the unit block of North Van Buren Street. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Then, just before 4 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was found in a parking lot in the 400 block of North Madison Street with a gunshot wound to his pelvis area. He also was in stable condition.
Police didn't immediately announce any suspects in either shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 41 min ago
- Temps Soar 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 44 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 59 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 51 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 2 min ago
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
57 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
41 min ago