4 recovering from shootings in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people are recovering from gunshot wounds after a violent Sunday in Wilmington, Delaware.
The latest happened Sunday night. Officers arrived to find a shooting victim who had collapsed in front of the McDonald's restaurant in the 300 block of North Monroe Street.
Police believe the victim was shot in another location and fled the scene.
Medics took him to the hospital in critical condition.
While police were helping that victim, they were notified that Wilmington Hospital was treating another victim from the same shooting incident.
It was not immediately clear where the shootings took place or what led the gunfire.
The incident followed two earlier shootings that happened within an hour of each other Sunday afternoon.
An 18-year-old man was shot in both legs around 2:40 p.m. in the unit block of North Van Buren Street. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Then, just before 4 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was found in a parking lot in the 400 block of North Madison Street with a gunshot wound to his pelvis area. He also was in stable condition.
Police didn't immediately announce any suspects in either shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)