1 person hospitalized after house fire in Claymont
CLAYMONT, Del. - September 16, 1013 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person was hospitalized after a house fire in Claymont, Delaware Sunday night.
The fire broke out at 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Honeywell Drive.
First responders arrived to find a 59-year-old man lying outside in front of the house.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on his condition.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes.
The house sustained heavy damage.
Fire investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 17 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 20 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
1 min ago