1 person hospitalized after house fire in Claymont
CLAYMONT, Del. - September 16, 1013 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person was hospitalized after a house fire in Claymont, Delaware Sunday night.
The fire broke out at 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Honeywell Drive.
First responders arrived to find a 59-year-old man lying outside in front of the house.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on his condition.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes.
The house sustained heavy damage.
Fire investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 40 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally