1 person hospitalized after house fire in Claymont
CLAYMONT, Del. - September 16, 1013 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person was hospitalized after a house fire in Claymont, Delaware Sunday night.
The fire broke out at 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Honeywell Drive.
First responders arrived to find a 59-year-old man lying outside in front of the house.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on his condition.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes.
The house sustained heavy damage.
Fire investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia