Overturned pickup truck slows traffic on eastbound Schuylkill Expressway
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- An overturned pickup truck slowed traffic Monday morning on the eastbound Schuylkill Expressway.
The accident happened at 5:45 a.m. Monday near the Passyunk Avenue exit on a ramp approaching the Walt Whitman Bridge.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed the silver pickup truck lying on its roof in the middle of the ramp.
Police say the driver was able to get out of the vehicle.
The ramp was blocked for about 45 minutes as crews worked to clear the scene.
philadelphia news, accident, south philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids