Cedarbrook Middle School reopens after mold problems
WYNCOTE, Pa. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cedarbrook Middle School opened its doors to students Monday after a 2-week delay due to mold problems.
It was back on July 18th when custodians found a thin coating of mold covering just about every surface in the 43-year-old school, including desks, chairs, walls, ceilings and floors.
An investigation found it was caused by sweaty, cold water pipes in the cooling system.
A massive cleanup and remediation effort kept the school closed an extra two weeks.
Teachers were finally allowed back on Friday to start setting up their classrooms.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, school, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!