Cedarbrook Middle School reopens after mold problems
WYNCOTE, Pa. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cedarbrook Middle School opened its doors to students Monday after a 2-week delay due to mold problems.
It was back on July 18th when custodians found a thin coating of mold covering just about every surface in the 43-year-old school, including desks, chairs, walls, ceilings and floors.
An investigation found it was caused by sweaty, cold water pipes in the cooling system.
A massive cleanup and remediation effort kept the school closed an extra two weeks.
Teachers were finally allowed back on Friday to start setting up their classrooms.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, school, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 56 min ago
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 15 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 1 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's