Cedarbrook Middle School reopens after mold problems
WYNCOTE, Pa. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cedarbrook Middle School opened its doors to students Monday after a 2-week delay due to mold problems.
It was back on July 18th when custodians found a thin coating of mold covering just about every surface in the 43-year-old school, including desks, chairs, walls, ceilings and floors.
An investigation found it was caused by sweaty, cold water pipes in the cooling system.
A massive cleanup and remediation effort kept the school closed an extra two weeks.
Teachers were finally allowed back on Friday to start setting up their classrooms.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, school, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 59 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 50 min ago
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 23 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 4 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 18 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade