Cedarbrook Middle School reopens after mold problems
WYNCOTE, Pa. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cedarbrook Middle School opened its doors to students Monday after a 2-week delay due to mold problems.
It was back on July 18th when custodians found a thin coating of mold covering just about every surface in the 43-year-old school, including desks, chairs, walls, ceilings and floors.
An investigation found it was caused by sweaty, cold water pipes in the cooling system.
A massive cleanup and remediation effort kept the school closed an extra two weeks.
Teachers were finally allowed back on Friday to start setting up their classrooms.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, school, local/state
- Multi-car crash shuts down Schuylkill Expressway 4 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 14 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport