Train derails in Gibbstown, N.J.; no injuries
GIBBSTOWN, N.J. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescuers are on the scene of a train derailment in Gibbstown, Gloucester County.
The derailment occurred near Billingsport Road around 12:00 p.m.
Authorities say the train was being pulled into PBF Energy's Paulsboro refinery.
Only one car derailed and it was empty of any cargo.
A company called SMS Rail Line was operating the train at the time of the incident.
This scene is not far from last year's train derailment in Paulsboro, in which chemicals leaked into the air.
Parts of Billingsport Road were blocked.
There was no immediate word as to how this derailment happened.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, train accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos