Body recovered from lake in Hammonton ID'd
HAMMONTON, N.J. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say drowning apparently caused the death of a man whose body was found in a southern New Jersey waterway this week.
Acting Atlantic County Prosecutor Jim McClain says 45-year-old Charles Carley of Waterford was found Monday morning in Hammonton Lake.
He had been reported missing by family members on Friday, one day after he was last seen alive.
Further details about the death were not disclosed Tuesday, including how authorities believe Carley ended up in the water or how long the body may have been in the lake.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, body found, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos