Body recovered from lake in Hammonton ID'd
HAMMONTON, N.J. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say drowning apparently caused the death of a man whose body was found in a southern New Jersey waterway this week.
Acting Atlantic County Prosecutor Jim McClain says 45-year-old Charles Carley of Waterford was found Monday morning in Hammonton Lake.
He had been reported missing by family members on Friday, one day after he was last seen alive.
Further details about the death were not disclosed Tuesday, including how authorities believe Carley ended up in the water or how long the body may have been in the lake.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, body found, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting