Heavily-tattooed man arrested for store burglary
PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man with a distinctive set of tattoos across his neck and face is accused of a Philadelphia store burglary.
Kenneth Speller, 19, of the 3900 block of North 17th Street, was arrested in connection with a burglary at the Washington Lane Discount Store back on August 20th.
Police say it was around 1:36 a.m. that day when Speller and an accomplice allegedly got into the store through a broken security gate and window that were damaged from a vehicle crash.
According to investigators, one of the men went inside and took lottery tickets. That man then started passing the tickets out to the second suspect.
Speller was arrested after surveillance video of the crime was released to the public, police said.
He is charged with burglary and related offenses.
There was no word on the identity of the accomplice.
philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 1 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?