Heavily-tattooed man arrested for store burglary
PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man with a distinctive set of tattoos across his neck and face is accused of a Philadelphia store burglary.
Kenneth Speller, 19, of the 3900 block of North 17th Street, was arrested in connection with a burglary at the Washington Lane Discount Store back on August 20th.
Police say it was around 1:36 a.m. that day when Speller and an accomplice allegedly got into the store through a broken security gate and window that were damaged from a vehicle crash.
According to investigators, one of the men went inside and took lottery tickets. That man then started passing the tickets out to the second suspect.
Speller was arrested after surveillance video of the crime was released to the public, police said.
He is charged with burglary and related offenses.
There was no word on the identity of the accomplice.
philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
20 min ago