20 industrial vehicles vandalized in Ridley
RIDLEY TWP., Pa. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say sometime overnight, one or more suspects came over the fence into the parking lot owned by East Coast Constructors and vandalized nearly 20 of their industrial vehicles.
The vandal broke windows and used the company spray-paint to tag them with racist and anti-religious messages.
The owners of the Ridley Township company are outraged.
They say this is the first time in 50 years they've experienced anything like this.
"It looks like these trucks were ransacked. I guess they found some orange spray-paint we use for marking in the trucks and then they started marking the trucks up with hate crime sayings," Jim Pitts, part owner, said.
The company fabricates piping and steel for refineries and powerhouses. It has a diverse staff of skilled workers. Some employees have worked at the company for about 40 years and are shocked by the destruction.
"There's like 14 trucks that are damaged. Windows, every piece of the truck is damaged, windshields, back panels, quarter panels," worker Bill Welsh said.
Police are trying get some clues from the company's surveillance system, but they apparently don't yield much in darkness.
The factory business next door has experienced a rash of window breakings in recent weeks, but nothing of the magnitude of the damage done to East Coast Constructors.
The owners are offering a $500 reward for information that'll lead police to those responsible.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, vandalism, local/state, vernon odom
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 27 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 29 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 8 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
14 min ago