Daughter of Temple University professor comes face to face with Washington Navy Yard gunman
WASHINGTON, D.C. - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News spoke over the phone with Temple University Professor Linn Washington.
His daughter Nalo is a civilian employee of the Navy Yard in Washington.
She came face to face with the gunman during the shooting Monday that ended with at least 12 dead.
Nalo survived and was able to call her father and describe what happened.
Here is what Professor Washington said:
She said he had a sawed-off shotgun. She said she begged him not to kill her. She said she looked into his eyes and she said she has never seen eyes as angry as this guy. At some point, it became apparent to her that her talking wasn't going to help, so she just turned and ran, still begging. She said the guy shot, but the shot missed her and she dove on the floor. She scrambled up and went out the door and actually ran to a whole other department.
shooting, washington, d.c., u.s. navy, local/state
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 52 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!