Frankford shootout leaves 30-year-old man critically injured
PHILADELPHIA - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say a 30-year-old man was critically injured during a shootout in the city's Frankford section Monday night.
The incident occurred at 9:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of Orthodox Street.
Officers say at least seventeen shots were fired. Two struck the victim in the chest.
He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment.
Two cars were also heavily damaged during the exchange of gunfire.
Police stopped a suspect with a weapon a block away. Another gun was recovered near the shooting scene.
An investigation is underway.
shooting, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 50 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 48 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 30 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 34 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos