Frankford shootout leaves 30-year-old man critically injured
PHILADELPHIA - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say a 30-year-old man was critically injured during a shootout in the city's Frankford section Monday night.
The incident occurred at 9:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of Orthodox Street.
Officers say at least seventeen shots were fired. Two struck the victim in the chest.
He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment.
Two cars were also heavily damaged during the exchange of gunfire.
Police stopped a suspect with a weapon a block away. Another gun was recovered near the shooting scene.
An investigation is underway.
shooting, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 27 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 37 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more