Frankford shootout leaves 30-year-old man critically injured
PHILADELPHIA - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say a 30-year-old man was critically injured during a shootout in the city's Frankford section Monday night.
The incident occurred at 9:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of Orthodox Street.
Officers say at least seventeen shots were fired. Two struck the victim in the chest.
He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment.
Two cars were also heavily damaged during the exchange of gunfire.
Police stopped a suspect with a weapon a block away. Another gun was recovered near the shooting scene.
An investigation is underway.
shooting, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 52 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport