Soccer player arrested for head-butting referee in Delaware
NEW CASTLE, Del., - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have arrested a soccer player after a referee was head-butted after issuing a penalty during a game.
Forty-two-year-old Moises Velazquez of Newark has been charged with abuse of a sports official /assault in the third degree.
Police say Velazquez was on a team that was playing at Rogers Manor Park about 6:45 p.m. Sunday.
Officers say the referee called a penalty on one of Velazquez's teammate for using profanity.
Authorities say Velazquez grabbed the referee by the shoulders and head butted him, striking his nose. The referee refused medical treatment.
delaware news, assault, new castle county news, local/state
- London theater partially collapses during performance 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 17 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos