Woman dies after being struck by motorcycle in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died after she was struck by a motorcycle over the weekend in Wilmington, Delaware.
Nicole Nievez, 35, of Fairway Road in Newark, died after she was removed from life support.
The crash happened at 2:23 p.m. Saturday at West 4th and Rodney streets.
Police say Alfredo Cosme, 46, of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street in Wilmington, struck Nievez after passing a car that had slowed to allow pedestrians to cross the street.
As this investigation continues, police are asking for the driver of a silver sedan to come forward. Police say the driver is only considered a witness and was not involved.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 45 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 48 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 7 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 37 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
45 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
43 min ago