Woman dies after being struck by motorcycle in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died after she was struck by a motorcycle over the weekend in Wilmington, Delaware.
Nicole Nievez, 35, of Fairway Road in Newark, died after she was removed from life support.
The crash happened at 2:23 p.m. Saturday at West 4th and Rodney streets.
Police say Alfredo Cosme, 46, of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street in Wilmington, struck Nievez after passing a car that had slowed to allow pedestrians to cross the street.
As this investigation continues, police are asking for the driver of a silver sedan to come forward. Police say the driver is only considered a witness and was not involved.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 32 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ