Woman dies after being struck by motorcycle in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died after she was struck by a motorcycle over the weekend in Wilmington, Delaware.
Nicole Nievez, 35, of Fairway Road in Newark, died after she was removed from life support.
The crash happened at 2:23 p.m. Saturday at West 4th and Rodney streets.
Police say Alfredo Cosme, 46, of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street in Wilmington, struck Nievez after passing a car that had slowed to allow pedestrians to cross the street.
As this investigation continues, police are asking for the driver of a silver sedan to come forward. Police say the driver is only considered a witness and was not involved.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 7 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 16 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 3 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 1 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 3 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!