Woman dies after being struck by motorcycle in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died after she was struck by a motorcycle over the weekend in Wilmington, Delaware.
Nicole Nievez, 35, of Fairway Road in Newark, died after she was removed from life support.
The crash happened at 2:23 p.m. Saturday at West 4th and Rodney streets.
Police say Alfredo Cosme, 46, of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street in Wilmington, struck Nievez after passing a car that had slowed to allow pedestrians to cross the street.
As this investigation continues, police are asking for the driver of a silver sedan to come forward. Police say the driver is only considered a witness and was not involved.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police.
delaware news, wilmington news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...