Bensalem cops seek police impersonator
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Bensalem, Pa. are looking for the man who impersonated an officer.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. Monday in the 3200 block of Hulmeville Road.
Police say the victim was stopped by a newer model, solid white Chevrolet Impala with flashing blue and red lights in the front grill, dashboard and rear deck.
The suspect asked for the victim's driver's license, police said, but appeared "nervous."
That's when the stopped driver got out of his car, because he felt he was dealing with an imposter.
The man then got back in the Impala and fled north on Hulmeville Road.
Police say it is possible the impersonator thought he stopped a female driver.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 40s, about six feet tall with a thin build and short, dark hair with a light beard. He had a "pointy" nose and sharp facial features, police say. He was wearing a blue, long-sleeve sweater with black pants and dark sneakers.
Anyone with information are asked to contact Bensalem Police at 215-633-3719 or anonymously at 215-633-3660 or email Tips@bensalem-township.org.
Police also remind drivers that if you are stopped by someone and you feel it is not a police officer, lock your doors, ask the person for identification and call 911. A Police officers badge will have a Police Department name on it.
pennsylvania news, bensalem news, bucks county news, police impersonator, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 50 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
20 min ago