Stray bullets hit home in South Philadelphia shooting
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the gunman who opened fire and wounded a man in South Philadelphia early Wednesday morning, sending stray bullets flying into a home.
The shooting happened at 1:30 a.m. in the 2200 block of Tasker Street.
Police say the victim was standing near a house when two men appeared. One opened fire, hitting the 36-year-old victim in the eye.
He ran, but was pursued by his attackers and was shot twice more.
Medics took him to an area hospital in critical but stable condition.
Stray bullets hit two cars, and one went through the window and first floor of a house.
Elizabeth White, a grandmother, and two young children were sleeping upstairs in that home. Fortunately, they were not hurt.
White surveyed the damage to her home later Wednesday. One bullet went through the window and into her wall.
"It came through right where my grandson usually sits playing his little Game Boy thing. He's usually sitting in that spot but, thank God, it was at an hour where we were all asleep," White said.
White said a second stray bullet clipped her electrical wires outside, leading to a power cutoff.
According to White, Peco said she had to pay for the repairs because while the company owns the meter, she owners the wire.
Police were checking a bar down the street to see if anyone saw or heard anything.
So far, police have not made any arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
shooting, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ