Former bookkeeper stole $150K from Lower Providence church, police say
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - September 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former bookkeeper of a Montgomery County, Pennsylvania church has been charged with stealing more than $150,000.
Investigators say James Lee Moody of Philadelphia embezzled the money from Victory Fellowship church in Lower Providence Township.
He worked for the church from May of 2011 to May of this year.
Prosecutors say Moody secretly directed the church's payroll company to make regular deposits above and beyond his regular salary into his personal credit union accounts.
Moody is behind bars on $250,000 bail.
theft, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad