Former bookkeeper stole $150K from Lower Providence church, police say
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - September 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former bookkeeper of a Montgomery County, Pennsylvania church has been charged with stealing more than $150,000.
Investigators say James Lee Moody of Philadelphia embezzled the money from Victory Fellowship church in Lower Providence Township.
He worked for the church from May of 2011 to May of this year.
Prosecutors say Moody secretly directed the church's payroll company to make regular deposits above and beyond his regular salary into his personal credit union accounts.
Moody is behind bars on $250,000 bail.
theft, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 1 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 49 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 8 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos