No jackpot, but $1 million Powerball ticket sold in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- While the winning $400 million Powerball ticket was sold in South Carolina, someone in Philadelphia still has reason to be excited.
The Pennsylvania Lottery announced on Thursday that a Powerball ticket worth $1 million was sold at Loges Newsstand at 101 S. 18th Street.
That's in addition to a $2 million ticket sold at Wegmans Food Market in Mechanicsburg in south-central Pennsylvania.
Both tickets correctly matched all five white balls drawn, 07-10-22-32-35, but not the red Powerball 19.
The ticket sold in Mechanicsburg had the Power Play option, but the ticket sold in Philadelphia did not.
The Lottery said it encourages the holders of the winning tickets to sign the back of the tickets, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at any of Lottery's seven area offices or at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County.
Officials with the South Carolina Education Lottery say a $400 million winning ticket was sold in Lexington in central South Carolina.
Lottery officials said early Thursday that the ticket was sold at the Murphy USA station.
The actual value is $399.4 million, with a direct cash option of $233 million.
It's the largest Powerball winning ticket sold in South Carolina and the fourth largest in the history of the game.
pennsylvania news, powerball, lottery, new jersey news, delaware news, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 2 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 16 min ago
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 25 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard