No jackpot, but $1 million Powerball ticket sold in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- While the winning $400 million Powerball ticket was sold in South Carolina, someone in Philadelphia still has reason to be excited.
The Pennsylvania Lottery announced on Thursday that a Powerball ticket worth $1 million was sold at Loges Newsstand at 101 S. 18th Street.
That's in addition to a $2 million ticket sold at Wegmans Food Market in Mechanicsburg in south-central Pennsylvania.
Both tickets correctly matched all five white balls drawn, 07-10-22-32-35, but not the red Powerball 19.
The ticket sold in Mechanicsburg had the Power Play option, but the ticket sold in Philadelphia did not.
The Lottery said it encourages the holders of the winning tickets to sign the back of the tickets, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at any of Lottery's seven area offices or at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County.
Officials with the South Carolina Education Lottery say a $400 million winning ticket was sold in Lexington in central South Carolina.
Lottery officials said early Thursday that the ticket was sold at the Murphy USA station.
The actual value is $399.4 million, with a direct cash option of $233 million.
It's the largest Powerball winning ticket sold in South Carolina and the fourth largest in the history of the game.
pennsylvania news, powerball, lottery, new jersey news, delaware news, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 45 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 40 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
35 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
40 min ago