Police: Teen confessed in killing over PlayStation theft
PHILADELPHIA - September 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The teenager accused of killing his childhood friend at a demolition site in Philadelphia confessed to the crime, police say.
Malik Anderson, 19, was in court on Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
He is accused of shooting Daquan Crump, 19, in the Somerton section of Philadelphia last month.
Police say the pair conspired to steal and resell a PlayStation 3 video game console.
However, investigators say, Crump stole the console and sold it on his own for $60, without giving Anderson a cut.
Police earlier said Crump and Anderson hung out together the night before the murder.
Then, in the early morning hours of Monday, August 19th, police say Anderson lured Crump to the demolition site.
In a statement to police, Anderson allegedly confessed to shooting his friend once in the back of the head.
Anderson is quoted in police documents as saying:
"His eyes were still open and he was staring off, like into space. I couldn't leave him there and didn't want to see him like that. I stood over him and pulled the trigger and shot him in the face until the gun stopped."
Anderson has been ordered to stay in jail until his trial.
Police say the murder weapon, a .22 caliber gun, was recovered in the refrigerator at the home where Anderson was arrested.
philadelphia news, somerton news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 29 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos