14 people, including 6 kids homeless after house fire in North Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say fourteen people, including six children are homeless after a house fire in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 2:30 a.m. on the 3000 block of North Stillman Street.
Police told Action News the fire started in the basement of a home and flames and heavy smoke quickly spread through the upper floors.
Firefighters placed the blaze under control within fifteen minutes.
No one was hurt in the fire but the Red Cross was called to the scene to help the six victims find shelter. The Fire Marshal is trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 30 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
50 min ago