Bicyclist struck and injured by hit-and-run driver in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a hit-and-run driver struck and injured a 19-year-old man on a bicycle in Northeast Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:45 a.m. on Cottman Avenue and Revere Street.
According to police, the victim suffered a leg injury and was taken to Nazareth Hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for the driver who fled the scene after the crash.
The victim's name has not been released.
accident, northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier