Police: Delaware security officer had sex with inmate
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have charged a security officer employed by Delaware Capitol Police with having sex with an inmate in the New Castle County Courthouse.
Forty-seven-year-old Vasilios Hantzopoulos of Wilmington turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday.
He has been charged with sexual relations in detention facility and official misconduct.
Troopers say on Aug. 13, an inmate reported that she was approached earlier that day by Hantzopoulos and they had sex within the detention area.
Hantzopoulos is no longer employed by Capitol Police. He resigned on Sept 17th.
delaware news, wilmington news, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ