Upper Darby student had 81 bags of heroin, police say
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Upper Darby say a high school sophomore was found with 81 bags of heroin in his backpack.
The suspect's name is not being released because of his age.
Investigators say the discovery was made near the property of Upper Darby High School on Tuesday morning.
Investigators say the teen ran from officers and, once caught, struggled until he was subdued with a Taser.
Along with the stash of drugs, police say they also found more than $700 in the teen's backpack.
He is facing a number of charges including intent to distribute.
pennsylvania news, upper darby, delaware county news, drugs, school, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 10 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos