Logan couple pleads guilty to endangering 3 children
PHILADELPHIA - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia couple has pleaded guilty to endangering three children after they were found living in deplorable conditions last month.
Soyika Eldemire, 25, and Lakeeshanaye Overton, 24, entered their pleas on Thursday morning.
The couple's three young girls, ages one, three and four, were removed from their home in the Logan section.
Investigators say they saw feces, unknown fluids, and trash covering all of the floors, furniture, and a playpen.
Sentencing is scheduled for October 28th.
philadelphia news, logan news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs