Boy, 3, and 2 women hurt in Monroe Township, NJ crash
MONROE TWP., N.J. - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 3-year-old boy and 2 women are hospitalized after an accident in Monroe Township.
It happened at 6:15 a.m. Friday at the intersection of the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) and East Malaga Road.
Monroe Township Police say the driver of 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, a 40-year-old woman from Williamstown, N.J., was traveling north on East Malaga.
Police say she was trying to beat a yellow light and turned into the path of a southbound 2004 Nissan Sentra driven by a 24-year-old woman from Lindenwold, N.J.
The driver of the Chevrolet was taken by ambulance to JFK Hospital with injuries to her arms and chest.
The driver of the Nissan and a 3-year-old boy who was sitting in the back seat were both airlifted to Cooper University Hospital.
Police say that woman, who was trapped in the Nissan and had to be extricated, sustained a leg and injury and possible internal injuries. The boy was said to have sustained possible internal injuries as well.
There was no immediate word on the conditions of any of the victims.
Their names were being withheld pending notification of family members.
Police said charges are pending the completion of the investigation.
new jersey news, accident, gloucester county news, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 37 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 29 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
23 min ago