Man attacked 3 officers in New Castle, Delaware, police say
NEW CASTLE, Del. - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Castle, Delaware man is behind bars, charged with assaulting 3 police officers.
It happened Thursday.
Police were called to the William Penn Square development for the report of a fight.
They arrived to find 37-year-old Londell Wiggins, of the unit block of William Penn Court, allegedly assaulting another man, who was on the ground.
Police say as three officers moved in to break up the fight, Wiggins attacked them.
All three, plus Wiggins and the man police say he was fighting, were treated at Christiana Hospital for minor injuries.
Wiggins was charged with Assault, Offensive Touching of a Law Enforcement Officer, Felony Resisting Arrest and Disorderly Conduct.
He is behind bars in lieu of $4500 bail.
delaware news, police, assault, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings