Man attacked 3 officers in New Castle, Delaware, police say
NEW CASTLE, Del. - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Castle, Delaware man is behind bars, charged with assaulting 3 police officers.
It happened Thursday.
Police were called to the William Penn Square development for the report of a fight.
They arrived to find 37-year-old Londell Wiggins, of the unit block of William Penn Court, allegedly assaulting another man, who was on the ground.
Police say as three officers moved in to break up the fight, Wiggins attacked them.
All three, plus Wiggins and the man police say he was fighting, were treated at Christiana Hospital for minor injuries.
Wiggins was charged with Assault, Offensive Touching of a Law Enforcement Officer, Felony Resisting Arrest and Disorderly Conduct.
He is behind bars in lieu of $4500 bail.
delaware news, police, assault, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more