Sketches released in Main Line carjacking
RADNOR - September 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Radnor Township police hope composite sketeched will help solve a mainline carjacking.
The sketches were released Monday of the suspects wanted in another carjacking on the Main Line, at least the third such crime in less than month.
The carjacking happened at 8:25 p.m. Thursday at Radnor Crossing Apartments.
Police say the victim, a 17-year-old boy, was approached by two suspects as he left the building.
The suspects stole his brother's black 2011 Range Rover Sport, with Pa. registration HWY-0485, at gunpoint.
The victim was not harmed.
The suspects were described by police as:
Suspect #1: Black male in his 20s with a "heavy" beard and no mustache. He was wearing beige pants and a dark hoodie.
Suspect #2: Black male in his 20s with a "heavy" beard and no mustache. He was wearing a red sweatshirt and unknown color pants.
Police say Suspect #1 drove away in the Range Rover, while Suspect #2 drove away in a four-door tan sedan.
Back on September 3rd, a 2009 black Porsche Cayenne was carjacked at SEPTA's Villanova train station in Radnor. That vehicle was recovered in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia.
Police said they do not believe the most recent carjacking was related to the carjacking at the Villanova train station, because the suspect descriptions were different and no guns were used.
A few days earlier, on August 30th, police say a 2007 Mercedes was stolen at the Beaumont retirement community in Bryn Mawr.
Main Line investigators say the FBI and a local auto task force are involved in the investigation.
"We're not ready to link anything together but, obviously, all of us have a heightened level of awareness since we've had three incidents in a short time span," said Lt. Christopher Flanagan of the Radnor Twp. Police.
It was unsettling news to local residents.
"I'm normally cautious," said Charles Lenzi, a Radnor Crossing resident. "But I don't think there are many precautions you can take with a guy with a gun at your head."
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, carjacking, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
53 min ago