Man hit on Interstate 40 in Cary
CARY, N.C. -- A pedestrian was hit one mile west of the Harrison Avenue exit on Interstate 40 Friday afternoon.
It happened about 2 p.m. Friday.
Troopers say a David Stallings was driving a heavy duty pickup truck hauling equipment when a piece fell into the eastbound lanes. They say Stallings got out to pick it up and was hit by a car.
Stallings was knocked over the guard rail.
Troopers say Stallings was conscious when he was taken to Duke Hospital where he underwent surgery for non-life threatening, but severe injuries to his legs.
The driver that struck Stallings charged with lane violations.
Stallings was charged with failure to secure a load.
north carolina news, wake county news, i40, accident, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 21 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 23 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 44 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 55 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
1 min ago