Ambulance, with patient, stolen on Schuylkill Expressway
WYNNEFIELD HEIGHTS - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suspect is in custody after police say he carjacked an ambulance with a patient still inside.
The incident started around 3:00 p.m. Friday.
The privately operated EMStar ambulance was stuck in traffic along the westbound Schuylkill Expressway. Two EMTS and a patient were inside at the time.
That's when police say 25-year-old Brian Timothy Kada Jr. approached the ambulance at gunpoint.
Kada then took over the vehicle, leaving the two EMTs behind.
Police say the suspect continued to drive westbound when the ambulance broke down near City Avenue.
Kada then got out and fled but was quickly apprehended by police.
The patient inside was unharmed and transported in a different ambulance to Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
Meanwhile Kada is facing charges for kidnapping, assault, and other related offenses.
Pennsylvania State Police are handling the investigating of the incident and asking anyone with information to contact them at 215-452-5216.
philadelphia news, wynnefield heights news, carjacking, local/state
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 18 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 3 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
7 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
18 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos