Something mAAgic Foundation gives Disney trip to Spring Lake boy
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT -- Four-year-old Teddy's dream has come true -- he and his family are headed to Disney World thanks to a non-profit organization.
The little boy from Spring Lake was selected along with 36 other children from all over the world who have life-threatening medical conditions.
Teddy has an enlarged heart and severe muscle spasms that can leave him in immense pain. His condition requires him to constantly monitor his heart. But for now, he is all smiles as a he enjoys a special sendoff.
"It's a nice break, to me it's a respite care, we get to go with no worries, no doctors appointments," said Teddy's mom Crystal Phillips-Hagler.
The mAAgic flight is an annual event through American Airlines' Something mAAgic Foundation. The group flies families to Disney where they then stay in a special village that caters to children with special needs.
"It gives the kids a chance, families a chance to get away when, I mean without this, we wouldn't be going on any trips," said Phillips-Hagler.
The timing is great, not only for Teddy as he deals with his ailments, but also for his younger sister Tory who has a host of other medical problems. Tory is expected to lose her vision within the next few months.
The families get to fly for free and their flights were paid for by people who donated their own frequent flier miles to the Something mAAgic Foundation.
"It's a godsend, and it's not just the organization it's the donors. If they can donate, and help, you know, it changes lives," Phillips-Hagler said.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, cumberland county news, local/state, caitlin knute
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 28 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos