Flames rip through Wilmington row homes
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire ripped through several row homes in Wilmington overnight.
Action News was there as firefighters took on the flames and smoke after the blaze broke out just before 3 a.m.
Two of the homes along the 400 block of North Monroe Street were occupied at the time of fire. They all escaped safely. The American Red Cross is providing assistance to them.
A firefighter was treated at Christiana Hospital for a back injury. He's now back home.
It took about 45 firefighters roughly an hour to put the fire under control.
Investigators are tracking down what sparked the fire. They say the fire apparently started in one of the homes and then spread to the homes on both sides.
The American Red Cross was requested and responded to assist with lodging and necessities of 3 Adults and 1 Child.
delaware news, wilmington news, fire, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 21 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 27 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 10 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 56 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 43 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos