New investigation on missing DA in Sandusky case
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) - September 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a tip a missing prosecutor connected to former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's child sex abuse case was killed and dumped in a mine shaft.
Bellefonte police Detective Matthew Rickard says the tip regarding the 2005 disappearance of Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar is being investigated and the FBI is involved.
Gricar decided not to charge Jerry Sandusky in 1998 after a boy's mother complained to State College police about abuse.
Gricar was declared dead this year at his daughter's request.
The Altoona Mirror newspaper reported Friday that Gricar's nephew says he takes the new claim with a grain of salt because there have been so many false leads over the years.
Sandusky was convicted last year of child sexual abuse but says he's innocent.
pennsylvania news, jerry sandusky, penn state, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 5 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 24 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 28 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
13 min ago