Driver, woman injured in hit-and-run crash in Olney
OLNEY - September 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash in Olney that has injured two people.
It happened around 2:30 Saturday morning on the 4500 block of Front Street.
Authorities say the driver of a Toyota crashed into a van.
The vehicle continued on Front Street then according to police, struck a woman in her 20s who was getting out of a car.
The male driver of the striking vehicle continued north and turned.
Police say he was found outside of his car at the corner of North 5th and Rockland streets. He was suffering from numerous injuries and was unconscious.
Investigators are trying to determine if the driver was pulled from his car and beaten.
Both people were taken to Albert Einstein Hospital. The woman was treated and released and the driver remains in critical condition.
No word what led up to the crash.
philadelphia news, olney news, hit and run, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower