Siblings wounded, police shoot suspect in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police opened fire on a suspect following a shooting that left a man and his sister hospitalized in Frankford overnight.
The incident unfolded around 3:00 a.m. Sunday on the 2000 block of Margaret Street.
Arriving officers discovered a 21-year-old man and his 20-year-old sister suffering from gunshot wounds outside their home.
Several neighbors reported seeing a male riding a bicycle from the scene.
Police soon discovered a bicycle fitting the description in the 4600 block of Ditman Street, as well as a suspect who matched the description of the shooter given by neighbors.
An officer attempted to stop the man, but he continued running and ran into an alley in the rear of the 4700 block of Frankford Street.
That's where, authorities say, the suspect pulled a gun and pointed it towards police.
The pursuing officer opened fire striking the 22-year-old suspect once in the back.
The two victims and the suspect were taken to local hospitals for treatment.
The brother and sister are both in critical but stable condition.
The suspect remains in stable condition.
Police are continuing their investigating and looking into the possibility of a second gunman.
philadelphia news, frankford news, shooting, police, police chase, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 35 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 8 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 18 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands