Car drives into bank, ATM targeted in Buena Vista Township
BUENA VISTA TWP., N.J. - September 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating an attempted theft of an ATM in Buena Vista Township, Atlantic County.
State Police responded to an alarm at the Susquehanna Bank located in the 4900 block of Landis Avenue around 1:00 a.m. Sunday.
Police say someone apparently drove into the front lobby of the bank where the ATM is located and tried to steal the machine.
The thief or thieves were unable to remove the ATM from the bank, but did considerable damage to the lobby.
No money was taken from the ATM.
State Police are looking at bank surveillance video to try and determine what kind of vehicle was involved.
Officials tell Action News that this is the second time this year someone tried to steal the ATM from this bank.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, theft, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?