Smoke from Gladwyne fire jams traffic on Schuylkill Expressway
GLADWYNE, Pa. - September 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to the scene of a house fire in Gladwyne that sent plumes of smoke over the Schuylkill Expressway.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday afternoon on the 200 block of River Road.
When crews arrived they found heavy fire coming from the house.
No injuries were reported.
While firefighters battled the blaze, the Schuylkill Expressway was jammed in both directions due to the large amount of smoke coming from the fire.
The cause has not yet been determined.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, schuylkill expressway, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases