Smoke from Gladwyne fire jams traffic on Schuylkill Expressway
GLADWYNE, Pa. - September 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to the scene of a house fire in Gladwyne that sent plumes of smoke over the Schuylkill Expressway.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday afternoon on the 200 block of River Road.
When crews arrived they found heavy fire coming from the house.
No injuries were reported.
While firefighters battled the blaze, the Schuylkill Expressway was jammed in both directions due to the large amount of smoke coming from the fire.
The cause has not yet been determined.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, schuylkill expressway, fire, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash