Smoke from Gladwyne fire jams traffic on Schuylkill Expressway
GLADWYNE, Pa. - September 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to the scene of a house fire in Gladwyne that sent plumes of smoke over the Schuylkill Expressway.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday afternoon on the 200 block of River Road.
When crews arrived they found heavy fire coming from the house.
No injuries were reported.
While firefighters battled the blaze, the Schuylkill Expressway was jammed in both directions due to the large amount of smoke coming from the fire.
The cause has not yet been determined.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, schuylkill expressway, fire, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 59 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 13 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 10 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 19 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
11 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
19 min ago