Worker killed in Delaware construction site accident identified
MIDDLETOWN, Del. - September 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the worker killed in Monday's construction site accident in Middletown.
Jerry Hurley was an employee of Austin & Bednash Construction, Inc. of Newark.
The Middletown Fire Department says Hurley was using an excavator to dig a hole next to a trench that had filled with water.
Hurley got out of the excavator to inspect the work and the ground gave way beneath him.
It took rescue workers 6 hours to recover his body because the ground was unstable.
The construction site is behind a movie theater building built on Garden Gate Drive.
delaware news, rescue, collapse, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 27 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 4 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos