Robber caught on camera stealing cash from woman at ATM in Rhawnhurst
PHILADELPHIA - September 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera stealing a bag of cash from a woman in Rhawnhurst.
It happened at 7:54 p.m. on September 17th at the Wells Fargo Bank branch in the 7400 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Police say as the woman was preparing to deposit a cash bag in the night deposit box, a man walked up and pretended to use the ATM next to her.
He suddenly grabbed the cash bag from the woman and fled. Police say he was picked up in the parking lot of a nearby Sears store by what may have been a Chrysler Sebring.
The suspect was caught on camera at the ATM.
Police describe him as a black male, 30 years of age, 6'0" tall with a dark complexion, and short hair. He was wearing a black baseball cap, leather jacket, jeans and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?