Robber caught on camera stealing cash from woman at ATM in Rhawnhurst
PHILADELPHIA - September 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera stealing a bag of cash from a woman in Rhawnhurst.
It happened at 7:54 p.m. on September 17th at the Wells Fargo Bank branch in the 7400 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Police say as the woman was preparing to deposit a cash bag in the night deposit box, a man walked up and pretended to use the ATM next to her.
He suddenly grabbed the cash bag from the woman and fled. Police say he was picked up in the parking lot of a nearby Sears store by what may have been a Chrysler Sebring.
The suspect was caught on camera at the ATM.
Police describe him as a black male, 30 years of age, 6'0" tall with a dark complexion, and short hair. He was wearing a black baseball cap, leather jacket, jeans and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
46 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
33 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
30 min ago