Amber Alert for girl cancelled in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have cancelled an Amber Alert after a report of a young girl being abducted.
The Amber Alert was cancelled at 2:45 p.m. Thursday. It had been issued on Tuesday night.
The alert was sent out after children reported seeing a man pull a girl into an SUV.
Investigators earlier said they were no reports of missing children.
Police also said they couldn't rule out the possibility a parent pulled the child into the vehicle.
The New Castle County Police will continue an investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.
delaware news, amber alert, abduction, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 16 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 3 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 36 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 10 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos