Man killed by masked gunmen outside his home in Browns Mills, NJ identified
BROWNS MILLS, N.J. - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities tell Action News a man was shot and killed by masked gunmen outside his home in Browns Mills, New Jersey late Tuesday.
The shooting happened around 11:00 p.m. in the 700 block of Lakehurst Road.
Police say the victim, 36-year-old Louis Sweet, walked out of his house and was approached by several men wearing masks.
Sweet was shot multiple times, police say.
Medics rushed him to Deborah Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 11:59 p.m.
Police say there was a woman and several children inside the home at the time of the shooting.
The woman and children were not wounded by the gunfire. However, a dog in the home struck by a bullet that entered the residence, according to the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office.
Investigators say they are not sure how many suspects were involved, but say some attackers stayed outside while others went into the home.
Those suspects got into a scuffle with the woman inside, police said.
It's unclear if anything was taken from the home.
Anyone with information is asked to call the BCPO Major Crimes Unit during business hours at 609-265-5059. After-hours calls should be directed to Burlington County Central Communications at 609-265-7113.
shooting, new jersey news, burlington county news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 43 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 55 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
43 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
41 min ago